Red Wolf Retreat offers a chance to soak up and relax in this Canadian wilderness with a minimal environmental footprint. Each of our three cabins was built with wood sawn from trees off our 500 acre property and have many re-usable building features. They also each have a solar-powered system for lighting, propane stove (and fridge in Lakeview) and an air-tight woodstove for cozy winter stays. Lakeview and the Roundhouse also enjoy gravity-fed water during the spring, summer, and fall seasons.
Pots and pans, dishes, cutlery, dish soap and towels are provided in each cabin as well as a campfire pit and firewood. Enjoy use of a canoe on our small, private lake or a small aluminum boat at Meadowview cabin. Lakeview and the Roundhouse are supplied with pillows and blankets. Sheets, pillowcases and towels can be provided on request.
A central comfort station with a flush toilet and hot/cold shower is close to Lakeview and the Roundhouse and is open spring, summer, and fall. A separate outhouse is close to each of the cabins. This comfort station can be used at an additional fee in winter.
- 2 bedrooms, each with a single and double beds (sleeps up to 6 people).
- Living room, eating area and spacious gallery kitchen.
- 1 round room with a double bed (sleeps up to 2 adults), sitting and kitchen/eating area.
- Close to swimming area.
- This secluded cabin is perfect for a larger group with a separate driveway about 0.5 km from the lake and comfort station.
- It has 2 bedrooms with 2 and 7 single beds and a kitchen. Bring your own bedding. The secluded setting is beneficial for wildlife viewing (deer, moose, beavers, birds…).